What is new in the visualization?
We know customers and they can be fascinated with visual plans. We continuously focus on improving the visualization. The following new features will support creating more realistic renderings:
LED light strips
- With this function LED light strips can be placed fast and easy to any spatial directions.
- It can be used as inner lighting of furnitures, as background lighting, in arbitrary color with arbitrary brightness. On the rendered image the visualization of light happens with emissive material properties. You can work with high level of quality, precision and material accuracy.
- Fine tuning of the perspective viewpoint is visualized automatically
- Turning lights of/off: interactive light settings
- Materials: changes of material settings become visible immediately
Displaying the render frame
It can be easily identified anytime that part of the 3D view which will be presented on the final rendered visual plan – based on the given resolution in the render window. This area is inside of a dashed frame in the 3D view.
Explore your project in 360-degree virtual tour
It is more than just a screen view, the panorama is projected straight in front of our eyes and head movement replaces the mouse.
Place your smart phone in VR Box, then the breath-taking performance can start.
Textures in ARCHLine bring your geometry to life.
ARCHLine 2017 shows you how to swiftly project textures onto any surfaces – wallpapers, furniture, rugs, LED strips, etc. Glossy and matte finish, transparent or reflective surface can be defined precisely.
- New material settings: False emissive, True emissive, Porcelain.
- New special materials: White ceiling, Porcelain white.
- New property: Fresnel effect – the observation that the amount of reflectance you see on a surface depends on the viewing angle. Without the Fresnel effect the reflectance is consistent on the reflective surface. Applying this new property the consistent reflective surface can vary according to the viewing angle of a 3D surface.
Tiling – New bathroom tiling in 3D
The replacement of tiles is now possible and also simplified the deleting option.
- Randomly generated tiling with four different materials or four different sized mosaic tiles.
- Square or circle shapes for tiles.
- The frequency of the tiles in the pattern can be adjusted.
- Ideal design tool for exclusive bathrooms
The developments don’t only concern the eye-catching details, we also aim to support the essential background work. We want our designers’ projects to be profitable, uncomplicated and have adequate time allocation until the end of the project. Therefore, the following improvements have been implemented.
BIM: Standard and certified IFC export and import
ARCHLine.XP gained the IFC Coordination View 2.0 Import certification. Why is it good for our users?…We can import floorplans, 3D models at higher standard from designers using other different CAD software and also we could export whole buildings to them.
The most valuable feature of the IFC format is that architectural elements preserve their type and properties in IFC file.
Import PDF geometry
Fast, accurate way to reduce to minimal the time is spent on processing architectural file in PDF.
- The corresponding PDF file content can be imported as scalable and editable drawing line.
- Geometry import visualizes lines and polygons with a given colour and line weight.
- The imported floorplan can be re-scaled to 1:1 (if the scale factor is 1:100, we need 100 times bigger enlargement) and the openings with exact size can be added by giving their endpoints.
Excel file import
Project milestones, time stamp
More improvements to speed up daily work
Printing layout developments
- Printing layout dialog is extended with default Stamp definition.
- Autofill and automatic placement of default stamp.
- New command to edit text parameters in a group. All texts are editable with markers, it can be parametric or static text either.
- Enhanced stamp filling dialog with the list of static texts.
- New command: Convert text to parameter. It converts the static text into a parameter starting with $ character.
- Separated Architectural Scale factor. Managed independently from drawing scale.
Designing window sills New window property: angle of window exterior/interior sill
- The exterior and interior window sill angle can be defined between 0 and –10 degree
- We can choose from several default window sill profiles.
Sill height in roof window properties
Beside the traditional plan view placing of the roof window there is an opportunity to insert it according to the given or measured parapet height. By taking the sill height into consideration the roof window can be placed on the given roof only at the previously set height. The roof window can be placed multiply taking the rafter allocation into consideration. This method allows a faster and more punctual planning.
New Door/Window editing command – Change Type and keep original width/height
4K monitors – Scaling the interface
The development of monitor producing has accelerated and now the ultra HD resolution monitors are available. The 3840×2160 resolution is four times bigger than full HD. The image quality is beautiful and it comes with a lot of advantages. ARCHLine.XP 2017 follows this development and the interface of the program can be displayed in appropriate size on high resolution monitors as well.